Quilters Like to Cut Up!

 20191027_131628 (2).jpg

 In the Japanese culture, I am told, that Fall is termed The Golden Season. Under all that "gold" lies my driveway. It is a busy time for us, harvesting all that gold!  While researching another subject I came across an article by Accuquilt. A golden invention.

Next to the rotary cutter, I think the Accuquilt die cutting system is one of the greatest developments for the quilting world. From the little cutters to the electric ones, they make cutting appliques, strips, and blocks easy. Mine is the Go Cutter, a hand crank model and I use it all the time. The Electric cutter is out of my budget but those who use it rave about it. No cranking required!

 

Storage, of course, is always an issue with sewists and quilters. Now, there is a "station" sold by Accuquilt, to address our needs. May I just say Yowsers! $1623.00! There has to be a way I can fashion something like this from IKEA stuff, you know? HERE is a link to the Accuquilt site. If you want to check it out, won the lottery or just dug up the family inheritance behind the barn!


A much better photo, note the elevated platform on the left where you rest the die if you are using an electric cutter. Of course, that is not necessary with the other ones. I like the dividers for the dies and two shelves  for storing box sets. Those  side flaps support the extensions to the table when folded out. When finished, fold it all up, almost half the size. There is a site-wide sale, 30% off everything if you are interested. 

  • This week I am cutting leaves, acorns, and pumpkins. Post on that soon, I hope. I am mid-project for this and will put it aside until after the holidays.
  • Already I am suffering the chill in my studio. I will be shopping for a larger heater. I just cannot work when I'm cold. Today I even tried wearing a light weight fleece coat, that will be a NO.
  • Another doctor day today. Husband is coming along nicely, cannot drive yet. 
  • Have a lovely Tuesday, hope you are adjusting to the time change, I so happy to have darkness at 5 pm, it makes my window candles glow so nicely. NOT!  

 


Comments