A This and That in Sewtopia, What I Watch, Zoo!

 May be an image of bird and natureThe beauty in the world of nature never ceases to induce peace and calm for my spirit. This little one reminds me of a recent episode of ZOO on Animal Planet Channel. Seriously, I can binge watch that show for hours. The episode from last evening was in part about burrowing owls. I have never heard of them. Mostly at home in the west and desert-like areas, the Bronx Zoo is part of a exchange among zoo's to breed and sustain these amazing little birds. They live in burrows formed by other animals, little squatters! Like other owls, they eat rodents and insects. They are small little characters. 

The behind the scenes work of zoo keepers and veterinarians in this huge complex is fascinating to me. Their knowledge of the animals and their habitats is endless. You will meet everything from exotic birds, giraffes, and mini-donkeys. Handlers fostering orphan bears and infant snow leopards will charm you!

About the series, HERE!

Julie Larsen Maher_7941_Coquerels Sifaka_MAD_BZ_01 20 21

Comments