Turning the Page, Scrap Quilts, Paintings, Soup, it's FALL!

 October is here, how did that happen? With each change of season I look for new ideas to exercise my quilting brain. This one I found online, in a quilting site a year or so ago and I totally forgot about it. Like that never happens! I categorize this as a scrap buster but look closely, can you actually see what the scraps are? Selvages my friends, scrap cut offs!

  No photo description available.Here is the full quilt.

No photo description available.The makers name is Cathy McIntee. Isn't it grand? It was posted in Oct. 2020.

No photo description available.After piecing the scraps, cutting the leaves etc., it is entirely machine appliqued. 

Today is my planning-the-week day. My schedule is very crowded these days and will be for the next several months. Lots of appointments for husband and myself so I am trying to be even more diligent with the planning. Just trying to fit in lunch with a friend is like planning a banquet for 100! (don't laugh, I have often done that in the past.)

Anyway, attempting to finish some small projects will be the focus of the week. Fall decorations in the hoop as well as delving into the storage room where all my decor items wait for their season. I had great plans last week but events got in the way. I have yards of high quality flannel to make what I call "Recliner Pants" for the hubs. In winter, when we are home bound, he likes to be warm without wearing heavy jeans around the house. Therefore, the simple elastic waist pants take over. Paired with a sweat shirt or long sleeve T, he is comfy for the entire day. I checked retail purchase price for these and had a moment of shock. Quality flannel is hard to find these days and I am not sure how good the quality is for the items offered. I will sew, I have machines, even though it has been a while since I made something like these. I will try to get this done in spite of doctor appointments three days this week. Welcome to retirement, half of our lives are spent in doctors offices. I have not been taking carry-along projects since the pandemic restrictions have been in place. It just doesn't seem right.

 May be art of tree

Just wanted to share this painting, artist is Julie Horner. She is UK based and talented beyond belief! Her simple scenes evoke a calm and peaceful life that all of us seek. Have a lovely day, you have earned it. Now, off to make the famous Autumn Soup, HERE! On Kitchen Chronicles.

 

Comments

marly said…
The only photo appearing is the soup. My dad's favorite and famous harvest soup is similar but no basil or mushrooms. He added a few bays leaves and Worcestershire to the beef broth, ground beef, and diced potatoes instead of pasta. One of our favorites.

Fall would not be so dreaded if it didn't usher in that white crap.
celkalee said…
The white crap, pretty in pictures, not so good otherwise! I checked links and photo's again, they are showing for me. Not sure what is going on. Probably some silly blogger stuff!