Checking In, Fall Prep!

The first day of Fall 2021, picking the last of the little straggly zinnias.

 First, I apologize for the radio silence. I had some housekeeping to do with the blog, I have had little time to follow my thread and needle proclivities, and I just keep looking for ways to improve this space. I have been approached to join a group of similar sites who publish and blog for a living. And yes, ads are part of the process. I have studied their work, and while interesting and very professional (I am amateur) the ads that scroll, pop up and distract from their content remain a big negative for me. After some consideration I have declined and prefer to not be contacted again. They often "mine" my blog for content etc. which skews my statistics, which I pay little attention to anyway, (*because remember, this is a personal journal, nothing more) and that in turn prompts advertisers to contact me. 

 May be an image of cake and indoorI am in the process of sorting through the Fall decorations. My favorite time of year, the colors, the comfort of a cozy home become a quest of sorts. For some reason, the bins of items seem much heavier this year. Mmmm. 

For the first time, I am going to take the current quilt, a patriotic strip quilt, off the long-arm with it's backing and fold it up. Tuck it away, out of sight. I don't like it and I am not going to spend another minute fussing about it. I will likely cut it up for placemats for the patio next year, maybe a pillow or two. Done. Not a decision taken lightly I might add, but essential for me to progress through my Fall themed pieces. 

That felt good. A decision. On with new projects. Insert smile here. 😁

A distant family member contacted me the other day. I think I met her many years ago, she was a small child then. She directed me to her Ancestry account and there I found a photo of my Father I had never seen. I think it is his high school graduation photo. I see a resemblance I never noticed before. Life is funny, isn't it?

Comments