Tea Time Tuesday, With a Little Basil!

 May be an image of flower and nature 

Tea Time Tuesday, with a little basil!

My friend who lives but 5 minutes from me has shared this photo. Her country fence is surrounded by beautiful wild flowers, these chicory are the happiest little ones. I see this as a watercolor scene. If I ever improve to that point I will let you know.

 Tea time today is a little different! Not that I haven't had my tea yet but I saw this on a Facebook page and absolutely was amazed. I have planted basil in many ways from the garden, to a raised bed, to a large bucket type of planter. But never in a teacup! I believe the lady who posted it is in Greece. She insists it is an easy and prolific planting. I am going to give it a go. I use quite a bit of basil in my sauces and canned tomatoes. I have sauce on the menu for tomorrow. Currently, my basil is about 2 inches high in the Aerogarden. I will not be deterred next year to abandoning my gardening instincts. I miss being able to pop out the kitchen door and pick what I need. Dear Son, be prepared to build!

May be an image of indoorToday, we will have a bit of zucchini cake with our tea, it is the season you know!

My stitching has been minimal this last week. I am hoping to block out some time today and tomorrow to fuss with the Coronet. I am having tension issues, not sure why.

 

  • I am obsessed with Gina! She is an 85 year old Granny who shares her recipes and song with her Youtube viewers!  She has a cookbook! It is great. I am on my 4th recipe this week! (photo will not copy for some reason, see above)
  • This one is a nice read, about half way through, makes me want to move!
  • London's Number One Dog Walking Agency by Kate Macdougal. What a nice read. 
  • Have a lovely day, dodge the raindrops!

Comments