Tea Time, Samplers, Quilts

Find a comfy chair and pour a cup of something lovely and join me for tea today. Carolyn Aiken has shared this lovely photo for our inspiration.

   Ideas - Aiken House & Gardens: Afternoon Tea #2475548 - Weddbook

Lets study some colors of nature within this glorious bundle of flowers. The pastels, while totally glorious are more defined by the pops of dark pink and yellow and green. I am in love with this combination.  dahlias in the rainOne of the reasons these colors have me interested today is that Nicola Parkman, of Hands Across the Sea Samplers, just posted a Floss Tube Video that included a field trip to Cowslip studio. Her photo's of some of the samples there showed an amazing combination of color palates. There is another very strong design element in those quilts. Here is a link to the video, see if you can spot it. HERE. There are theme quilts, applique, needle turn and raw edge, Baltimore Albums, simple patchwork, advanced piecing, just about everything! The video is 29 minutes long but it is worth the view. Nicola is such an amazing woman. Her voice alone is a calming moment for your busy day.

Nicola is the queen of school girl samplers. Her stories about the history and making of each pattern release are wonderful. She also discusses the effect of Covid on her life and her process from the UK.

Just look at that face, she is eyeing my embroidery hoop thinking it would make a nice Frisbee I think!

I've ordered an arm chair tray from Not Forgotten Farm. Despite my attempts to keep my stitching items out of reach to Lola Bean, she is tall and my table is just her height. The tray (hopefully) will permit me to set down my tools and threads and keep me productive in the evening. 

Wooden Stitcher's Tray©  Clamp On Armchair or Sofa  image 0

This one, not painted. I will update after some use. I have searched many sources  and came back to this one. Made in their farm in Virginia, they have a return policy. 

  • Well, that's all for now. I need to reheat my tea. I have a few chores that need done before lunch. 
  • It is warm, very warm, and yet I still drink my hot tea. Husband is confounded by this!
  • You know how I am about my tools and doo-dads!  

 

Comments