Monday, Monday-Let's Pull up a Chair and Visit some Great Blogs, OK?

 I have seen this amazing chair on the web for a couple years and no matter what, I cannot find a source for it! I could save up pennies, I could purchase a frame and have it upholstered in a similar fabric, you know the drill. But, instead, I will dream of the Mystery Chair for now. I am still waiting for the furniture I ordered for the living room starting in November last year, cancelled, then ordered from another retailer in June. This chair would likely not come to me until long after I have moved to the next level of life! 

 No photo description available.

The supply chain issues continue here and there. Dear son has been working on his house for over a year. The construction costs are astronomical. For his birthday his employees bought him a sheet of plywood! Really! One sheet of plywood was a wonderful gift. I think he is going to frame it!

OK, back to quilting. No matter how you roll in quilting talent, beginner to advanced, two colors to many, new yardage to scraps, Bonnie Hunter is your go-to. Her designs are so amazing that I never cease to be amazed at how she pulls color palettes from her travels and nature, designs fantastic blocks with such character you just cannot help to be impressed. Her retreat venue, Quiltville Inn, is a dream get away. Fortunately, she has been able to return to business in spite of the pandemic restrictions with modifications and a brilliant plan. Do visit the blog, you will be inspired! Quiltville, HERE!

 

Melissa Corry, of Happy Quilting, HERE! is a prolific quilter and designer who shares so much on her blog. One of the first bloggers I started to follow, she offers an honest "you can do this" approach to her work. Colors and style mark each of her projects and she also draws from other designers with her own twist on the design.   

This adorable row-by-row named Roadside Harvest Is her current how-to project. Do stop over there to see much more of her talent. 

Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter, HERE! is a young woman I discovered when researching sewing machines several years ago. She has an affiliation with Baby Lock and her honest reviews led me to that brand. Well, maybe led me too well, but that is a subject for another day! The current post is about a straight stitch machine by Baby Lock that she has reviewed. Ironically, it was an early straight stitch machine they produced that brought me to the brand. Interestingly, my dealer steered me away from the machine because it had some issues. The one that Amy reviewed in this post, is the upgrade.  It looks like a winner. Her quilts are colorful, charming, and just right to inspire.

This is only 3 of my favorites. There are more, of course, we will visit those another time. Take great care dear stitching friends to nurture your creative curiosity. We have an amazing wealth of quilting talent at our fingertips. All of those that I know use ads to support their blogs and as an income. Most, if not all, post disclaimers to inform you of that. Don't be deterred by the ads, the quilting world is out there and we can support it by reading the blogs and clicking on their ads now and then. Have a lovely Monday.

 

 

 

 

Comments