Tea Time Tuesday, June 2021

 

On this Tea Time Tuesday I am thinking about quality time. We have had more time this year, most certainly, but taking that quality time for your tea break is a little gift from you, to you. Make it special, use the good china or a favorite cup, if you have a nice little tea pot, yes, use it, just for you. 


Today I am in the process of sorting out my little shelves above my desk. Originally intended for books I think, I showcase some favorite tea pots and memorabilia. When I am paying bills or writing letters, (I am not so good at that any more) I see these special pieces. All gifts from very special people or reminders of a time when life seemed much less complicated. 

Tea Time today is a charming slice of a lemon flavored angel food cake. No, I cheated, it was a mix! No time to whip up 24 egg whites today, just a bit of lemon extract boosted it up a bit, sometimes I toss in a few poppy seeds.

 My quality time today is focused on finishing a nice little novel that wraps its story line around Domestic abuse of women and how this little community addressed the problem. Sounds deep, right? Yes and no because it involves sewing. You should know it would✋

 Mass Market Paperback The Oysterville Sewing Circle : A Novel BookI am almost finished with this one. I feel that I must also clearly state that most of my books are now Kindle reads. Fiction, non-Fiction, biography, or craft oriented, I can no longer accommodate piles of paper. I love the feel of a book in my hands. This is different but I am getting used to it. I regret that I have few to pass on to friends but after clearing mountains of read tomes, something had to give. This is my compromise and with Amazon Prime I get one to two free books per months, bargain prices on others. I have not entirely given up print editions but with my appetite for reading, this is more reasonable.

Not one for pumpkin flavored coffee, tea, etc. I prefer my pumpkin to be in a pie, or a quick bread, that's about it. Well, maybe a muffin with some crunchy nuts on top will be ok. Original recipe HERE from Cafe Sucre Farine

  • Let us remember that our choices day to day, year to year, are an investment in our lives.
  • Let us filter the noise in our lives, from the local to national news, social media, and well meaning friends who may distract us from our purpose of seeking clarity and peaceful lives.
  • Learn, never stop learning, reading, expanding our life views. There is a big world out there and we owe it to ourselves to learn and understand all of our world, how what we do impacts others.   

 


Comments