String Me Along!

 american flag - american flag stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

 Here we are, the last week of May 2021. Time is flying. While some elements of pre-pandemic life are returning, it still feels restrictive. I have gotten very comfortable ordering everything from soup to nuts from Amazon. Other than doctor appointments, it seems our social life remains in lock down. My friends in Florida cannot relate. I am glad for them, the transition back to normal life is going to be a bumpy ride. 

I have noticed many good bloggers who sort of gravitated to Instagram have returned and are actually better than before. Most, however, will be resuming normal life and will not have the time to blog as they have been.

There are a few blogs still in action that dedicate their quilt work to strings. You know what I mean, quilts made from strips of thin or randomly cut strips of fabric. How you arrange the designs, cut, or not, make super geometric shapes. 

 

This one, in color gradients by Wanda Hanson!

About this one, HERE!

This one by quilty friend Karen, from The Ladies of the Cloth. 

  • I like the geometric design, not traditional, for sure, but striking.
  • The randomness and color in a string quilt really appeals to me. I like building them too. They make my design wall sing. 
  • As soon as I finish the projects in queue, I am going to try some of these abstract ideas. I have scraps, quite a few scraps, it should be interesting. 

Comments