Flashback Friday

 Lilac Bushes High Res Stock Images | ShutterstockNot my flowers, I have Lilac envy.

My big question of the day...are headbands back in style? What about scrunchies? Banana clips? I sort of need to know, well I needed to know yesterday because I cut a couple inches from my hair, I may have made a mistake. 

Now this may seem like a very superficial issue to you, and truly in the scheme of world situations, it is, but I need to decide once and for all do I keep this stuff from the last century or toss it? 

Stuff! Quilting stuff, sewing stuff, crafting stuff, all the "stuff" needs to have a purpose or it has to go. I am sorting fabric to decide what to keep, donate, or toss. I read yesterday that our local Salvation Army stores do not want fabric because they are or maybe are not having the annual sale. Then from another person I heard that was not true. Seriously, more things we need to know. 

This all comes down to issues of communication. 

Scanning the files is a fun and time consuming process for me. There are over 3000 posts on this blog and finding the quilts to share or share again sends me into electronic never-never land!


 This is my first Vintage Applique quilt. It had been folded and put away some time in the 1950's. Never used, it is a perfect example of that style that was so popular in that decade and the one before. The patterns were available in the local newspaper for a small purchase price. There were two ladies in our family who made these quilts. This one is currently being aired for use in a spare bedroom, for decoration mostly. 

This little "table quilt" is actually an Eleanor Burns panel that I found on a Quilt Shop Hop. It is Vintage in style and just suits my kitchen so well. I think it will be the Sunday cloth this week. (Sunday dinner used to be large and busy. Now it is mostly just 2 or 4 of us. I have a collection of Vintage tablecloths that dress the small kitchen table on Sundays. Desert is usually served from there.)

     A Simple little pieced table topper on top of the cabinet where one of my machines live upstairs. I was looking through patterns the other day and came upon this one, it has a Vintage look and might be interesting in a modern geometric fabric......mmmmm......

Well, that's all for today. Have a lovely Memorial Day weekend. Remember those who did not make it back home to their loved ones. It is for them that we honor the day. 

E.

Comments