Flashback Friday, The Nine Patch Perfusion

Fridays, a good day to look back I think. So today I have a little assortment for your viewing and possible creative urge!

This quilt is a 9 patch from a member of the Ladies of the Cloth. So sorry, I am not sure who the maker was. I did not make very good notes all the time I'm afraid. The theme was using up scraps of fabric because we are loathe to waste fabric. While this one is not the traditionally sized 9 patch what I like most is the feature strip before the border. Seemingly unrelated fabrics are cohesive when paired with a universal background, the whites and off-whites. 

 See how that red fabric just makes everything pop? Like a frame.   

 Here I was making a traditional 9 patch, I did not take a final finished picture. I have no idea who this one went to. But it was also made from scraps and a 2 1/2 white jelly roll.  

This is another Ladies of the Cloth beauty. A similar setting, note the feature strip.  

This quilt was featured in a magazine. I think it is the perfect little Summer quilt. Note the quilting in the white blocks.

frame. Two Methods for Easy, Accurate Nine-Patch Blocks

Comments