Porch Quilts, It's Spring!

 Trumpet Daffodil Golden Harvest

 Good Morning All. One of the last tasks on my Spring cleaning is dealing with the long Winter neglected porches. My front porch is long and narrow. The wind, rain, and snow take their toll. In the near future the rockers and iron table will get scraped down and repainted. (I bought husband a new paint sprayer for his Easter basket. Aren't I thoughtful?) In the meantime, I did a bit of a scrub yesterday while the weather was warmer. Until I can fire up the pressure washer, that is about all I will do. It is a bit too cold for that. This porch will have some work done this Summer so it will improve.

The floor needs to be repainted, but this will do for now. This is an older photo, there will be no quilts on the rocker until Easter morning. I think I will use these again, not sure. Right now it is cold, rainy and not good for textiles there right now. I am thinking I will use the Jelly Roll Race quilts, there are Summery. Mmmm, or the white background quilts just like the yellow ones, or even a mismatch of some of the Vintage collection.

Now, here is another idea for using quilts on the porch. These cushions have been wrapped on the wicker furniture to pretty up this nice big porch. If this doesn't say "come on in and sit a spell" I don't know what does! I nice little glass of sweet tea, a friend, a great conversation or some hand stitching, well, there are good times ahead, right?  No photo description available.May be an image of flower, indoor and text that says 'Blessings Of Home'Photo, Robin Landon Clutter

  • Our quilts can surely be great decor items, from beds, to chairs, to porches, there is a quilt for every purpose.
  • I remember napping after Easter dinner at husbands grandmothers house in my much younger days. She would pull out one of her quilts and wrap me up. Now, that is comfort. I have several of those beautiful quilts, they are SO special to me.
  • It is almost time for the Summer change out, quilts freshen our spaces. 


Comments