Making Lists, Checking it Twice


Thread tower, a mess, need to put that on the new list!

I keep one list that is just for sewing and craft related projects, these have no deadlines. Keeping the list reminds me of what I want to do, not when it must be done, well mostly. It has been a busy week but I have managed to check off a few things. 

Check: not really on the list, but very important! This morning I stepped out on my front porch in the briskly, breezy, cold air and was astonished! Hanging from the lanterns on either side of the doors were two evergreen crosses with bright red bows. Uh-huh, I have turned into one of those people who leave their Christmas decorations up waaaaaay too long. I have never done that. I don't use that entrance, I did notice them a while ago, put them on my "To-Do" list. Obviously, no check mark by that one! 

Check: Bring out the Accuquilt, spring themes need cut. One I have the little pieces done, I am more likely to make time to sew. I do NO housework on Sundays, meals are already pre-planned and prepped.  I try to make some time on Sundays to get things ready for the week to sew, mend etc. That way I can pop in with small snippets of time and get a bit done. Otherwise, the joy of sewing becomes a task. I am hoping the weather warming will take some of the chill down there, I have all the vents open and will turn on my little heater, it will be warm enough, I think. 

 

Check: Cutting some 9 patch blocks this week. My Accuquilt Cutter is a good friend. My hands are screaming lately, every cut, stitch or fold is creating a new language of sorts. I'm scouring for patriotic fabrics, I know they are in there somewhere! 

Check: My First Monday mend was a real prize. We have a cover on the back seat of the car that creates a hammock-type of enclosure for Lola. It is a quilted utility fabric and a rip-stop type of nylon. Well the little (not so little) girl tore the seam connecting the seat portion and the back of front seat seam. With some trepidation I trimmed the fraying parts, and resewed them on the big serger. I am grateful that I had no problems, no needle breaks, no thread snaps. It was quite thick. Now, the thread is white on a black fabric but the seam faces the floor so it is not visible. Now it is washed, dried and reinstalled. I would like to maintain it until late Fall when I buy a different car. Too many "things" on this car, husband is having some problems with all the buttons, bells and whistles. I need something more basic for him and I know the size of the back seat will be smaller, not too much smaller because Lola is a big dog, and I will need a new cover. *no photo of process, I was too busy wrestling with the darn thing.


 The Culprit! Lola Bean.

Check: Also on that list was buy furniture for the living room. I did do that. Guess what? At least a 6 month wait. I know. The company that weaves the fabric I chose just reopened and they are very far behind, then the fabric has to go the the company that makes the furniture. Now, don't laugh. I saw this particular Colonial sofa about 30 years ago in a museum tour. I have him-hawed about it for a long time. I ordered it. Signed the papers and in 6 months she will reside. That one, I checked off the list. Husband even likes it. No photo uploaded yet.  

Check: I finally "kitted-up" two little cross-stitch patterns that have been hanging around for months. For some reason they got lost in a drawer and until I did my Lenten clean of that item I just put them out of my mind. They were on the list, they are ready for some work. Now, I need to warm up my poor achy hands. Will share in the future.  (I'll put that on a list!)

 

Travel'in Shoes, Chambers Brothers, HERE

 

 

Comments