Wonders of Nature and Quilting With Whites

 Snow Images · Nature Photography · Free Photos from PexelsA study in nature gives the quilter a glorious palate even in Winter. The many gradient shades of white paired with a dark contrast. You just can't make this stuff up. Snow scenes are magical. 

ᐈ Winter scenes stock pictures, Royalty Free winter scenes backgrounds |  download on Depositphotos®Can you see a blue-ish cast in this one?

Snow Images · Nature Photography · Free Photos from PexelsNow, that little sunlight cast...a golden yellow would add a punch of color to any fabric choice with blacks, grays, and whites.

 Amazon.com : Funnytree 7x5ft Winter Scene Backdrop Wonderland Snowflake  Photography Background Bokeh Glitter White Snow Forest Christmas Party  Decoration Tree Landscape Kids Portrait Photobooth Photo Studio Props :  Camera & PhotoI think collecting white and light fabrics is tricky. First, I find they tend to not have the luminescent finish and often have small motifs that neutralize the white. I am obsessing about this right now, I think it is all the white surrounding me! 

Dream Big P4389-213 Onyx Panel by Hoffman FabricsMy Dream Big Panel is calling me. It is not just white, there are many shades of gray in there too. It is perfect for practicing the doodle style of machine quilting. It is a plan. Soon. 

  • I miss in-person sewing classes. I just took the Julia Quiltoff Doodle Quilting class and it was very good. I learned a lot even though my "flame-shaped" doodles rather look like a spilled bowl of spaghetti!
  • I belong to a Facebook group where so many talented ladies share their sewing spaces. From a small closet transformation, to the dining room table, to fully outfitted stand alone buildings, these amazing ladies share how they work, how they organize their spaces, and mostly how talented their builder husbands are! It is a great visual past-time. If you are interested, just type Sewing Room Ideas into the Facebook search bar, request admission, you will hear back very soon. Son gave me a side look when I mentioned the stand-alone building. He Smiled because if he builds one for me, his lady will want one too.
  • Trying to remain positive during this time of isolation and frustration is starting to be a bit of a task. Not one to give up or give in, I am testing bread recipes and baking methods, since the book shelves have been cleaned and sorted I have decided to cook my way through The Complete Cooks Country TV Show Cookbook. Most of the recipes are typical American-style food even those that lean into cultural standbys. Most of that will be on Kitchen Chronicles, I will post links when I post there. Take care, stay well, take heart, we are learning from this experience, mostly the limits of our patience😉 
  •  

Comments