Monday Means Soup

 May be an image of text that says '2020= The year of Hell 2021= Hell froze over'

 

 Hola, Frozen Friends of the North! 

Monday in Sewtopia is much like every other day unfortunately. We remain iced-in and getting on each others left nerve so that means Chicken Soup! Other than a nice cup of steaming tea, chicken soup is the soothing note on a task-laden Monday. 

 

 This recipe is not mine, it is from Cafe Sucre Farine. It is indeed my favorite Chicken Rice soup, but today I have a bowl of left over little noodles that are going in to substitute for the rice. The recipe is HERE!

  •  Over the past number of years I have purchased multiple placemats, woven, some in wool fabrics, all rather colonial/prim in design. All have these warning labels, spot clean only. Well, you can spot clean and then there is SPOT clean. Rather than toss them I decided to throw them in the wash and see what happened. Guess what? They washed just fine. One set, a wool blend weave, did shed a bit but no big deal. So I laid them on every flat surface I could find, blocked them a bit and left them to dry. They didn't. So, in my new cavalier, what-the-heck-abandon, I tossed them in the dryer, on heat. Guess what? They dried beautifully. Some will need a touch of steam press to flatten the corners but Golly Gumdrops, they are clean!
  • Today I am preshrinking some lovely linen fabric I got a couple months ago. It is a beautiful loose weave linen. Not sure what I will make with it, I have to see what happens after the wash. It is white, perfect for Summer weight nightwear or a floaty Summer blouse. 
  • I have noted lots of conversation on the Sewing/Quilting social media sites about quality scissors. I have had many functional ones but I must say the Kai's are about my favorite. Reasonably priced, they have held up well for me. These little embroidery trimmers with the slight upturned tips are sweet hearts. 
  •      These 10 inch shears are the bomb. They have little gripper edges that hold fast when cutting slippery fabrics. They also hold fast on thick wools. I have been cutting little pennies again, I need good scissors for that.

Comments