A Tool Time Today! Do-Dads, Gadgets, and Stuff

Today, I will not be making snow cones, in case you are wondering!

 If you are looking forward to your next traveling quilt-making class (and who isn't at this point?) and need some organization ideas, well


here are a few. This little carrier for pre-cut strips from Art Bin might just be for you. It holds 2 1/2 inch strips perfect for jelly rolls and sells for $13.99, also stackable. So that if you need to have your project prepared, this will keep your strips wrinkle-free and we all know about the shortage of ironing stations at retreats!

 


I have an older version of this one, mine has double storage sides, I keep all the presser feet for my Viking Embroidery machine that doesn't get much use lately. I don't want those feet mixed with the others. It is also a great traveler to retreats and classes. All in one, sturdy, enough room for needles and thread, even scissors, the little compartments can be changed with the removable panels. Also an Art Bin piece, currently $13.99. (I paid lots more a few years ago)


Yazzi Bags! Love, love, love these little bags. I use this one for classes for all my do-dads. It is lightweight, has lots of little compartments. 


I use it for small take-along embroidery or wool work projects. These days I sit in the car while husband or family member keeps an appointment and this little bag is PERFECT for my projects. Things don't spill out and I can see exactly what I want to use. Yazzi makes an organizer for every need, available on Amazon. Yes, I could make it, no I won't, not much of a bag maker. And besides, sewing that vinyl makes me screech, like fingernails on a chalk board.     


Who hasn't seen this little plate, lid organizer things? I use it for my Accuquilt dies, of course, they sell them but I got mine for a couple dollars at the dollar store vs. $20 for their version. I also use them for putting patterns in queue on my work desk, for sewing and quilting magazines waiting to be read, and for tracking journals, lists, patterns to donate, etc. 

  • I have taken a couple "virtual" classes and while I have learned in some, others are merely sales pitches. I would appreciate a disclaimer, up front, if that is the direction. I don't mine anyone trying to do business, not at all, but be honest, please.
  • The days are longer, thank you. The temperature around here has not gotten the message.... Spring is coming. Please send Mother Nature the memo.
  • Today my purge cleaning starts, yippee. By Easter I hope to be done. We have a disaster in the garages after the recent construction. One poor man thought it was Ok to spew dust, dirt, and debris all over the space. Another Yippee. Well, at least it will get cleaned. Ha! (PS the GC offered to pay for a pro-cleaning crew to come in, I declined. I have the contents and odd items from 4 different households plus the motor home stored there that needs to go. That will be my job.)   

 





 


Comments