The Week-End Ahead

 No photo description available.Did I make some silly comment the other day about being bored? What was I thinking?

Bored no more stitching friends. The kitchen work is in progress, cabinets are done and I am happy. Next week the work (and disruption) continues. I will survive. This weekend I want to return some of the contents of the upper cabinets to their homes after re-washing everything. Dust. No matter how I tried, there is dust. I cannot do the lowers and drawers until after the counter is done and the walls and floors. So, there is that. 

The other day, while searching for a screw husband dropped, Lola, bless her very hard head, hit me head-on, literally. I was on the floor and she thought it was play time. Stars, pain, etc. I have had a significant egg on the left side of my forehead, merging into my temple, horrible headaches, nausea, sensitivity to light and some vision problems. My impression is a mild concussion but I am not going to any hospital to confirm and do what I need to do. Today, I feel a bit better. I was able to eat a bit. I am not doing too much, the dust etc will wait. My pupils respond appropriately, I have no dizziness. I will survive. If it gets worse I will worry. Sewing is out of the question, my online quilt doodle class will too. I have tried, several times and the headache is too much from the screen glare. I will try later today. I am wearing sunglasses now, it helps. 

Happy New Year! Right?  

My new books have arrived, the classical music of the month, and a plan.

Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult TimesThe Contented Soul: The Art of Savoring Life by [Lisa Graham McMinn]A Year of Positive Thinking: Daily Inspiration, Wisdom, and Courage by [Cyndie Spiegel]Gerta: A Novel by [Kateřina Tučková, Véronique Firkusny]This one translated from Czechoslovakian.

  • Not reading right now, these will be waiting patiently. The first three reflect a trend for me. The novel, Gerta, a respite. 
  • Music of the month, Vivaldi. Calming, exciting, classic. 
  • My plan, is to write more letters, send more cards, engage in a more personal way with friends and family. In my search for decent stationary I have discovered that it is rare. I am not done, more on that another time. 

Comments

marly said…
Oh my goodness. That was one heck of a collision. Your symptoms are certainly not to be taken lightly and I'm glad you're being cautious. Hope you continue feeling better without incident! Geez.

Paper Source is my favorite and I so enjoyed Sue Lindstrom's personality in the old videos. Hope the remaining stores can make it.