Stay Sharp Sewists!

In one of my sewing groups, a beginning quilter remarked about the terrible quality of the stitch on her machine and how she feared she needed to buy a new machine. After a brief conversation and some back and forth she told me she wondered if she needed to put in a new needle. Guess what, she had inherited the machine from a family member several years ago, she had never changed the needle. Oh my, no wonder her stitch quality was so poor and she had nests in her bobbin case. With a new needle, all was resolved. Then I found this photo, I share it here too, remember to change your needle with each project. Make sure you are using the correct size needle for the task and thread weight. Have a nice day.     May be an image of text that says 'A macro men photo of a new and a used sewing needle zipzip81 / Pikabu'

Comments

marly said…
Thanks. The only time I change is when they break! Would love a new machine but which? Too many features never to be used, and my old metal reliable would be hard to part with. But she could use a new sharp fang.
celkalee said…
You are right with the trusty old metal machines. Of course, I love my fancy stitchers, but I have a Vintage Singer Rockateer that is first in line for some heavy duty projects. I have repaired canvas boat covers, sewn through 6 layers of heavy upholstery fabric and mended jeans with no issues, just needed a really sharp needle!!!