Routines, How to have more time To Do What You Want To Do

 Working on the clutter in the studio is a constant process. I found these blues in a cookie tin. Not sure what my original plan was for these. I forgot to put a note in there. I have learned to leave myself little messages for that reason.

As makers and home-makers we often must divide our time to accomplish everything important in a day. I abhor clutter and yet struggle with it in the studio. In the home, I have a quick daily routine to address that. I am not comfortable heading to the studio until the other chores have been completed.  I like to have that and dinner prep done before I start to stitch. 

Years ago I adopted a routine, one for each floor, that helps me do that. I was pleased to see I am not alone. Enter Yvonne of the Stone Gable Blog, HERE. She explains it very well here.  

While mine is slightly different, I prefer microfiber dusters with long handles and microfiber cloths that wash easily. I think they capture dust a bit better. But, the premise is the same. By breaking down the daily work, you have time to do what you like. Your passion so to speak. While many of my friends have opted for cleaning help I have resisted because that movement helps my bones. I need to do what I need to do!

Yvonne's Cleaning Schedule, HERE!

CLEAN YOUR HOME IN 30 MINUTES A DAY!So Happy New Year dear friends. Routines help us cope when all around us has an element of chaos. 

  • I am setting up the Accu-Quilt cutter today for Valentine's Day and Baby Burp Pads. I cut piles, sew them, pack them. Often if the Embroidery machine is running I can multi-task with a project like this. *I have to say, with all this seclusion I am expecting a baby boom in the Spring and Summer. I want to be ready. 😁
  • I am cutting blocks 1 through 6 on the School Girl Sampler BOM. They are all fairly simple piecing projects but they finish at 4 inches. Yikes. 
  • My Winter knit project, not a hat, is a charming little blanket. Purl Soho had a sweet little pattern for a Slipped Garter Blanket back in early November. I can do that! I just have to be careful to keep the rows even. I am not much of a knitter so I keep it basic. Since they don't offer many free patterns anymore, this one is on the list. I want to pull the yarn for that too. HERE.Slipped Garter Blanket | Purl Soho
  • Great plans, let's see how much I get done after I empty the high cupboards in the kitchen today. All the Lenox Christmas china is up there and a service for 12 or 16 of the Pfaltzgraf Village stone wear, with many servicing pieces. They are really heavy.  I will be on a ladder. Light a candle please!

Comments