The Christmas Quilt Marathon, or Preparing for Christmas in July 2021!

 https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mLLHODJAnEQ/X9v9fySaLWI/AAAAAAAAbjQ/HMyQsYeLu_0ys_TXU53Pm6DT6fiv5ljQgCLcBGAsYHQ/s546/Tiny%2BTannebaum.JPGMcCallsPatterns, Tiny Tannenbaums, Pattern HERE

Good Morning fellow Sewists! Well, if you don't have your Christmas quilted projects done or are looking for a last minute marathon project I found a few little cuties that might just work. Now, if you want to wait for July, I am all for that. I am not one to like the last minute things, I have enough to do the week before Christmas to start another project. ( I have a few Fall items still in the finish pile!)

So these are all over the internet if you are interested but not falling for these. Many of us have enough stash fabrics to pull one of these off in short order. I do not, as I mentioned, I am very lean on greens. Green in just not a fabric color that falls into my radar other than for a rare landscape project or Christmas. Call me green shy! 

 https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rBtcABVT_BE/X9v-pnQGXzI/AAAAAAAAbjg/rpHc1DFrsssBWTzPVhbFYzxQTkBS84HoQCLcBGAsYHQ/s980/2018_ChristmasTree625x980.jpgMissouri Star Quilt Co. Christmas Tree Quilt, Pattern HERE.

Jenny Doan always has cute and fairly easy patterns. Her books and video's make it a fun experience. 

 https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wxWCmMUbX_4/X9v_FWGRKTI/AAAAAAAAbjo/yASwC7JqUBw8GyEKRfBWyAs4iQcJ2RhuwCLcBGAsYHQ/s662/Mistletoe.JPGAndover Fabrics, Mistletoe, Pattern HERE.

I am drawn to any project that has a touch of black. Many years ago I remember reading in some fancy magazine that the decorator emphasized a touch of black in every room anchors the design. I think it also holds for many quilts, particularly if you are using a primary color. Just me, but there it is. 

 https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lb-s2GBz-NE/X9wBToqdhCI/AAAAAAAAbkI/DA9-42cVqOAJ2fsNc--JG_nSqzHMOLD-QCLcBGAsYHQ/s637/to%2Bgrandmothers%2Bhouse.JPGAnd my favorite, from Windham House, To Grandmothers House! Free Pattern HERE!

Not sure why, but this one calls to me. I think it is the row-by-row lay out that I find so cute. 

Comments