The "Bridge" Week, Between Christmas and the New Year

 


 So here we are, as the year comes to a close I am spending much time pondering my lack of enthusiasm for my craft over the last few months. Early on in our isolation I was fine with using my stash and working on UFO's. But now, nah, I want a stunning retail experience. I want to go out and feel the fabric, absorb the joy of new patterns and colors, and bond with my stitching sisters. 

There is a local shop open and permitting limited visits but news from other nurses still on the front lines is Caution, with a capitol C. Since we live in a densly populated area, our infection numbers are high. That doesn't mean that they all require hospitalization, quite the contrary. But those hospitalized are sicker than in the Spring. The numbers of young coming to the ED with symptoms is higher and sadly two recent cases died within 24 hours of being examined. This disease is non-discriminatory. It is lethal. It is nothing to pooh-pooh. So, I will be shopping the stash and quite frankly there is a lot I haven't even visited yet. 

Usually, we see bloggers showing their finishes for the year, items still in the UFO pile and plans for the future. So far, none. I find that very interesting in the sense that I am not alone, many are like me in the "hobby blogger" category. The pro's, different story. That is their full time job and I applaud their moxie keeping the faith in such difficult times. 

The conclusion here is clear to me, life goes on, must go on, and will go on. We each need to make our own decisions and support the choice of others. It is still a free country...well that is the rumor!

Would you believe I still have a few gifts to finish? In the midst of my sew-a-thon, some
"installers" ( and I use that term with jest ) cut through the wiring in my kitchen, caused arcing of the electricity at 220 w and brought sparks and flame to the outlets. After blowing the circuits in the main panel their comment was...you have an electrical problem, and left. An emergency call to an electrician we have come to rely on for years, said don't touch anything I am on my way. He was here in 15 minutes and I heard many bad words coming from my kitchen. Hours later we were repaired after much work. I am safe. However, I unplugged my machines and said Merry Christmas to the recipients and told them to "hold that thought" while I work on their gifts this week. What an auspicious end to a miserable year.

So dear friends, as the snow and ice melts I am waiting for a moment of clarity. News at 11!

Comments

marly said…
Dammit!!! Five comments gone and I never got to hit publish!
marly said…
There it is. Only one. Where did the others go? Oh well. Just wanted to say that any recipient of your gift will be happy to wait!!
celkalee said…
Good old blogger, pictures disappeared, comments gone, can't seem to fix it either. Yeesh! Merry Christmas!