Linda Sue Gets A Birthday Surprise

Have you noticed how people who sew, quilt, knit, or crochet have great birthdays? A suggestion here or there, a wish list on Amazon, or a gift certificate to a favorite shop (did you hear that?) keeps them so happy because they are always ready for more inspiration.    

Well, Quilty friend, Linda Sue, just celebrated a birthday on the day she was to meet with her local quilt group for a block challenge. She had finished her blocks and they turned out so nice! The pink with green colors are like a signature for our friend.

Excited to put these into the drawing for all the blocks tomorrow! I love the idea of possibly winning blocks from all my friends to stitch together into a quilt.
All the blocks laid out for display with the other members of the group. Aren't they all lovely? 

Well, guess what?

Per Linda Sue, "Update: I won all the blocks! Best birthday ever!! 24 blocks made (some expertly) by my quilting friends. I choked back tears. Once I put the together it will be like a big hug. What a day.Love, Ls"

Now, we will wait to see how she uses them....no pressure there!

  • I am so glad she has found an active group in her neighborhood. With our Covid restrictions we are isolated and struggle to be inspired. While I admit to being bored, I will not, ever, let the dictates we live under destroy my spirit. 
  • Our Tuesday group used to be active and dynamic. Now we only hear from a few members. Where are the rest? Is this the end of our group? Do we need to move on? There are many ways to communicate.
  • I am a bit cranky today. I need a bit of sun. If you have some, please share. 

An interesting post from Victorian Trading Co.

Comments