fear and sewing

 Good morning stitching friends. As I am sifting through my fabrics looking for the perfect combination for the 2021 Sew Along, I am getting more and more fussy. I know, it's only fabric. I know, practice makes perfect. Right. Then I am reminded of this little placard I have as a reminder in my journal, and remember so many things. My poor Mother, something of a defeatist by nature, struggled to sew a few dresses. They really weren't so bad and she wanted a new frock for the holidays. Zippers were an issue, a pucker here and there. I fixed them. She used a newly popular synthetic brocade that was shimmery and slippery to sew. I guess she wasn't as as intimidated as I thought, lesson learned.  

So, have you chosen a project for the New Year that stretches you beyond your skill boundaries? Is that something that you have considered? Mostly I have been making projects that I know I can make in my sleep, so-to-speak. I am bored. I have done little embroidery and that is such a waste of such an advanced machine. Just sitting there, purring, waiting for a purpose. So I went to work on a Christmas gift and quite frankly had to call a friend who will embroider the clothes on your back if you stand still long enough, to ask her what stabilizer to use. A sad state of affairs, I have been doing this for decades, she for 3 years! I need to step it up!

I won't post the Christmas projects until after gifting has occurred, or I mess them up, which ever comes first.



The snow is melting here, I just heard two gun shots up in my woods. Someone has wandered into our little forest. I am trying to remember that we are over-run with deer. When they are standing on your patio, looking in the windows, it is too much. The boys chase the girls, the girls run around me, and I fear they will run into me. Not good. So I gathered up my stiff upper lip and went in the house. I just don't need to hear it. 

From last year, who knew?

Are you a Masterpiece Theatre fan? If so, we are in for a great beginning to 2021. All Creatures Great and Small premiers Jan. 10, 2021 at 9 pm on PBS.See the trailer HERE.

Comments

marly said…
I have no patience whatsoever. I rush through the simplest and smallest of projects which only tests my patience even more when having to correct it.