As I write this the snow is falling. We had a bit of a "dusting" a month or so ago but this is the real thing. A very wet snow, it won't last long (thankfully) but it sure is pretty. From in the house. 

The sew-along project, sponsored by Kathleen Tracy based on her new book, Schoolgirl Sampler, is ramping up on the Facebook group. This is a private group but you only need to request to join, answer one question and bingo you are in. You do need to have the book to participate because the blocks, small projects, and project quilt are detailed there.


As we all are digging through our stash some ladies are already making samples! There are some shops offering packages for the entire year as well if you wish. This is a very popular option for many right now with the virus and as shops seem to be a fair distance for many and like here, many have closed. 

I had planned to use a collection of reproduction-style prints from Kansas Troubles by Moda that has been waiting for a couple years. Well, after a bit of archeology I discovered, it is gone. I must have passed it along somewhere along the line. So, I am looking at a couple other options. Truly, I don't know what I did with that fabric 😁

Small blocks are the bane of my skills, I don't do them well so I am looking at this as a challenge. I am thinking I will hand stitch them, at least for a while.  Maybe a small project or two. I had to laugh because one lady posted a mini-project yesterday where the cornerstones were 1 inch finished. She was lamenting on how poorly they turned out. Really? Her work looks really good to me. 

Well, I need to wrap this up and put the Fall decorations away. A tedious job for sure. The snow is falling heavier now, the wind is blowing, wind chill is 17F. 

  • What I am listening to, Hauser, Cello. 

 Classic - DeluxeI have played this so much that I have it memorized, note for note. What a divine collection.

  • What I am reading, this is his third book I think. Such a nice read!
  • Seven Kinds of People You Find in Bookshops by [Shaun Bythell]

Elevate Your Personal Style: Inspiration for the Everyday Woman by [Jennifer Melville]An interesting read, good for waiting in long queue lines at the bank or in doctors offices. Haven't learned much yet but I am only about 20% into it. This woman's largest accomplishment so far in this book is getting her kids to not leave junk in the car. And of getting a speeding ticket and being so pleased that she had a clean glove compartment.

  • The Peculiar Fate of Holly Banks: A Novel (Village of Primm Book 2) by [Julie Valerie]And this one, second in the series about the Village of Primm. Something like an I Love Lucy movie in words! The first one was a hoot and this one is just out, I had it on pre-order so it didn't get lost in the book pile!

 


Comments

Jeanneke said…
Thank you for mentioning Hauser and his beautiful cello music.
I was moved by his "Ave Maria" tonight. So beautiful.
Sending love and best wishes for Christmas preparations in these 'special' times.

Jeanneke.