The Many Joys of the Season

 No photo description available.

When you see flowers you know where I spent last weekend! Phipps Conservatory! It was the last days for the Fall Mums and I was so pleased that they were still stunning! Many of the bedding plants along the high walls had not even opened to bloom yet. 

These remind me of what I call Homecoming Flowers. Corsages for the court and the evening dance were always giant mums, just like this.


These were taken with my phone, I didn't feel like lugging a camera that day.
My favorite display,
  • I am picturing, in my mind, where I will plant a border just like this. The photo does not do it justice. I hope I am up to it, well I hope some person is. I will likely need a planter. That bending over might not work.
  • I have to laugh, we spend much time there from Fall to Spring. A few Summer visits, before the heat sets in, are tolerable but it gets REALLY hot in there mid-Summer.
  • I am so fortunate to have this resource so close and the little cafe' and gift shop are a bonus.
Husband gifted me with a nice new little laptop for my sewing studio. My old ones were just that, old, fussy, heavy, and no longer supported by the manufacturer. This one is 1.5 lbs, has a 9 hour battery ( I know, great right?) Set up was a 5 minute deal. Turn it on, do what the little voice tells you, add passwords and my entire large laptop transferred and this one is a mirror image. I may faint1 This is my 4th laptop in 10 years, it could not have been easier! 
Bonne Journee

Comments