Last Day of the Month, This and That, October 2020 in the Rearview Mirror

 Well, Well, Well! October is a wrap. We turn clocks back 1 hour here tonight. Like I haven't just gotten used to Daylight Savings Time. I am not joking. The other day, I was dressing to leave for an appointment and putting on my watch (one that had not been used for some time) and was surprised to discover how quickly I put myself together! So, I sat down to read a bit. 15 minutes later I hear pleading from downstairs...."aren't you ready yet, we are going to be late!" My watch was set for Eastern Standard Time, from pre-pandemic times. Since I rarely go anywhere, I hadn't worn the watch since then. A bit of a scamper ensued and off we went, at breakneck speed down the driveway. 

 eGreetings

  Vintage Fall and Halloween art is such fun. The antique markets often have some collections tucked away on dusty shelves in old shoe boxes. Most are not open this season and I miss the hunt. Oh well, next year. 

Wisdom image

“Most people say that it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.”

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Here is some Reading for those chilly evenings:

 Hardcover Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day : The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking BookJeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois have proven that people want to bake their own bread, so long as they can do it easily and quickly. Crusty baguettes, mouth-watering pizzas, hearty sandwich loaves, and even buttery pastries can easily become part of your own personal menu, Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day will teach you everything you need to know, opening the eyes of any potential baker."

  • I have done some experimenting with this skill, I find that it works very well for a bake and eat but not a keeper beyond one day. But from the oven, yum!

Once a month on Monday night, eight students gather in Lillian's restaurant for a cooking class. Over time, the paths of the students mingle and intertwine, and the essence of Lillian's cooking expands beyond the restaurant and into the secret corners of their lives, with results that are often unexpected, and always delicious.

Comments