September 1, a New Month, a New Goal

In the pipeline. I have had this die for a couple years with noble intentions. I am going to cut some blocks and see how it goes. That is the plan for September. 

One of those days here. Quite a few of them actually. Is it age, arthritis, the weather, the situation, or many things? Each of them seems to affect the stitching mojo.

I started trying to get to a sewing machine, a quilting machine, or something with a needle for a minimum of 1 hour a day about 3 months ago. I kept track. I really did well, in spurts. Discounting days when essential errands stole my time, I was lucky if I managed 50% of achieving my goal. NOT good. I am happy when I am creating, therefore I was not happy 50% of the time 😟
Yesterday was a 2 hour day! Yippee! I had a plan, a list, and motivation. Soooo, I tossed in a load of laundry, (still washing and storing linens, quilts, towels from the move-out in Mondo) and set about goal #1, that was to hem all my Aida, linen, lugana pieces. Leftover from other projects, these pieces are much too large to discard. I use a 4 thread overlock to do this and try to stitch on-grain. I had a few pieces that kept shifting to the bias for some reason and one that I need to mark that grainline and do it again.
Playing with the decorative stitches is a fun little past-time. I need to make some new placemats for the dining room. I am thinking a stitch and flip method (quick) and quilted with decorative stitches. 
  • Keep to the plan, try to be more consistent with the planning of projects and time. Not to be obsessive about it but be flexible.  
  • Maintain my workbook. It is heartening to see what I plan versus what I accomplish.
  • Starting this month my quilting group, which has been isolated for months, will try to find creative ways to gather. We have a plan for September, a folding chair, a bag lunch, a parking lot and a smile is all that will be required. Wish us luck. 

Comments