The Studio,

First things first today. Blogger has made a new interface for us. It is supposed to be easier to use and more secure. I tried it early on and found it lacking. The current version, while quite different for the blogger, seems more user friendly. I am learning as I go, I am not sure I am going to keep it. We have a few weeks to decide if we choose to use the older version. I will work on that. 
Well, the construction project has been completed and the disruption, while unsettling, was not as bad as I thought it would be. The kind young men who drilled, strung wire, moved gas lines etc. were very respectful of the items left in the space, items that were too much for me to move, and even tried to vacuum the dust left in their wake. But we all know about "man-clean" right? 

This is a wonderful opportunity for me to scrub the walls that were blocked by all the stuff and sort through for items I had misplaced. That really is a problem for most sewing spaces I think. We get busy, excited, or distracted while creating and items go missing. 
 
I will soon be passing on some special items to a friend sewist who will undoubtedly use them. That is a good thing. Sadly, many of the donation centers in my area are not accepting anything, and certainly not fabric. I am hoping that changes soon. 
 
Anyhoo, let's talk projects. After packing up the Vintage machines, I restarted "Hello Darling." This is a simple little project with 6 inch die cut squares and sashing. 42 blocks have been assembled, pressed, trimmed. I have to consider borders, I will likely use a thin white frame sashing, a pieced railroad type of sashing and then?

Is there anything more fun, satisfying and wonderful than trimming 42 blocks in an hour? I think not!
Have you been a fan of Doc Martin? A sweet little program with great character development and over the years, even better! A seaside Cornwall village full of characters!

Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

Port Isaac, Cornwall, UK. This is an aerial shot of the real village used for the filming, Port Wenn.  
  • There may be a lull in posts over the next two weeks. I am playing around on this new platform and stuff happens so I will like keep posts in draft mode until I decide.
  • I have given up on a specific fabric shipment I needed for a birthday project. Another situation blamed on the pandemic that has nothing to do with the pandemic. (revealed by accident I think.) I am disappointed, I don't have time to wait or to restart. Such is life. 
  • take care, be well, find a new little TV program to stir your creative juices. See you in a couple weeks.  









Comments