Good Grief, What a Week!

Let me just say, I am on the verge of confused. As I have been popping around in the new Blogger interface, I found many lovely comments from readers that were not in the queue before this switch over. I am so sorry for missing them. I will try to do better, please bear with me. I have a bit of a stubborn streak, much like the sweet little donkey. I still may go back to the old method, at least there I had a clue!
  Image may contain: one or more people, tree, outdoor and natureI have been working on some cross-stitch motifs in an attempt to correct my tension, see the holes in the linen, as well as follow the pattern! I am not giving up. I did put away one of the floor frames, I have concluded that side tension is important for me. I do have a thing for gadgets and widgets, I suspect it's some sort of ingrained issue. A collector of sorts, someone is going to have fun going through all my stuff someday. 
One of the readers mentioned a piece of white paper on the floor under the frame to improve visibility, Oh, I will try that!
Happy little flower borders are my morning smile and my evening chore. Some dead heading and watering are on the menu tonight because we have had no rain forever. Husband will be water-boy, I haven't told him yet.
Some fresh bread for breakfast is on the cooling tray. You all know I have a thing for the Polish pottery and this dish makes a divine crust and a great shape. I make a 2 lb loaf, cut it in half and freeze half. The whole loaf is too much for us and goes stale quickly. This way I have been able to cut down the bread breaking to once a week for the most part. This is the original Julia Child bread machine recipe.   Things have been super busy over on my My Kitchen Chronicles Blog, HERE.
I think that more and more people are cooking and baking these days. My recipes and those I have tested from other sources are really simple, basic recipes. I am seeing 1000-1500+ views per day. I think I am surprised but not really. 
I am always scanning the webs for stitching techniques, you might enjoy this one, How to use a Laying Tool, by Mary Corbett.  HERE!

Comments

marly said…
Thanks for the bread link. I always made Honey Oatmeal bread, our favorite, but always willing to try others.

Having croaking computer issues and I missed a lot of emails while switching to a new one. Maybe it's Blogger!

This is the first time I got your post in my reading list after I followed you again. I guess the first time didn't work.