A Tuesday Tea Time

Recycled photo of the pot of the day!
Image may contain: house, tree, sky and outdoor

Bat's Wing Old English Tearooms in Godshill, Isle of Wight, UK.

Last weekend, at a small family Sunday dinner, son's girlfriend remarked that she had never seen so many tea related items in one place. It was said with astonishment, not irreverence, that is important to note. I often wonder where all this stuff will go when I am gone. I know it doesn't really matter then but I do wonder. 

When she perused the cabinets holding the tea pot and tea cup collections she smiled, asked questions about certain items and I remarked that there were some valuable "art" pieces in the collection as well as some gift shop and souvenir pieces which were very reasonable.   


  • Choosing the tea of the day is always a bit of an event for me. I have a lovely little collection of fine teas and each day I try to experience something different.
  • However, something has changed in my palate. I am blaming it on a relatively new medication for the little ticker. 
  • Some teas are just not tasting right, so, today I am setting those aside for a while. 
  • This Royal Blend tastes about the same.


Tea StrainersImage may contain: food

Comments