This and That, Needles, Fusible Applique,

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature
The Long and Winding Road

In my search through assorted hand sewing needles I have realized the small eyes, no matter what brand or style, just don't work for me any more. Even with a magnifier and a threader, I am having problems. So much for aging eyes!

I found this nice little information page by John James Needles. A favorite among serious and beginner stitchers, these needles are available at most online needle-work suppliers. 
Interested in needles, HERE. 

Applique is such a nice little craft. In the early days, before I discovered quality fusibles, I would over press and the glue would seep through the fabric! What a mess. I learned to read the product information and the directions. Better Late than Never! Here is a nice little tutorial. Fusible applique, the ins and outs, a tutorial by Susan of Quilt Fabrication, HERE! 
  • I will soon be out of commission here, power has to be turned off. I will work on handwork. If my hand cooperates. Always a coin toss.
  • Putting the studio back together tomorrow will be a nightmare. I will re-clean and sort, and toss and share etc. Where did all this stuff come from?????
  • I pray for no damage to the stuff I just could not move out. The big long arm weighs about 900 lbs these days and the embroidery machine almost as much. Everything is well covered and sealed, but still  its like leaving the kiddos the first day of kindergarten!
toodles

Comments