Sort of an Editorial, Well, Maybe I'm Just Venting!

Image may contain: text that says 'If at first you don't succeed, just cover it With an embellishment and keep on going! QUEENS CO.'


Quilting. Anxiety. Frustrations. Quitting. (not me, by the way!)

I suspect that somewhere along the way, many of us feel the sting of disappointment with our work. I recently read a story by a young lady who is fairly new to the sport and is giving up. She does not have a mentor, she has not attended any teaching venue's, she started with a difficult star pattern that required lots of match points. She makes clothes she said, so what is the big deal, why is this so hard?  

Oh my, sometimes I think building a nuclear reactor might be easier! I understand. Most of the advice provided to her was to proceed with essentially what I listed she didn't do at first. I didn't respond yet, I am considering options. I have not included her perceived "attitude" in her comments and that is what is driving my answer. I think she should give it up. Not everyone is a quilter even though they have "sewn" and feel prepared. The defensive comments and critical perceptions just tell me that her creative juices need to go elsewhere. 
How to draft a LeMoyne Star | Bloomin' Workshop
The famous Lemoyne Star
The kind and supportive people in the group offered many solutions to the project at hand and her education beyond that project. What I sense is just a feeling, of course, because I do not know her, but my advice is stick with the garments or consider knitting. Jump that ship tootsie, she's going down!
 
Sinking Ship? Physical Science Article for Students | Scholastic ...
  • OK, so today I had to go for some bone scans and the annual mammogram. Not my favorite past-time but essential. With social distancing 2/3 of the chairs in the waiting room were designated as "do nots." That left 6 chairs, 6 chairs for the ladies waiting to be smashed and crushed and hoping no biopsies or surgery was required. Anxiety and concern was in the air. So what is my complaint? Well, the support people, apparently husbands had all the seats but one. Now we are not talking about elderly infirm older gentlemen who really needed to sit but younger healthy men playing stupid video games on their phones. Hold me down! The ladies, 6 of us, were out in the hall and lobby area standing around and waiting to be called. Oh, there were two chairs there too and guess what, 2 men, stretched out, one napping and the other one eating something. Again, what is wrong with this picture?Social distancing | Orange County, NC
  •   Support people my foot. Who were they supporting? Their own disrespectful selves. If they were going to have a vital area smashed between two xray plates waiting for a cancer diagnosis you can be sure their support persons, likely wives and/or girlfriends would give them the chair and fan their fevered, anxious brows until the procedure was complete.
  • Your honor, I rest my case. And the chick that threatened to quit quilting surely hit me on the wrong day, FYI!
  

Comments