I Am Still on My Virtual Vacation

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature
The Churchill Arms, Notting Hill, London.

When all else fails one turns to imagination to fill the void. I haven't been to London for 19 years, I am ready to return but that surely is not possible. 

How do you fill your time? Reading? Yes, yes I have been experimenting with bread recipes. 
 I am mid-way with this one and have finished two Kindle Unlimited Free books that exclusively use "instant Yeast." Of course, I just found a big block of yeast at my local corner market, it is "Active Dry Yeast." I will not work with those recipes. A few years ago I took an interesting class with a gentleman who makes divine Artisan Breads and sells them at farmer markets. I made some, I could have paved the driveway with it so I am trying another method. Wish me luck because bread is the staff of life to me. When I narrow down some nice and consistant recipes I will report here and post them with a link over to Kitchen Chronicles.

  If you have read this blog for any time you know that I love my gadgets and widgets. Be they sewing studio or kitchen I am a fan. So, if you remember correctly I accidentally burnt up my pressure cooker in March. Long story, too painful to repeat. I was determined to do without it. I could manage. Well...............I have been pressure cooking my entire married life (50 years) and just couldn't do it. So, providentially, a dear friend had a virtual Pampered Chef party. I was a Pampered Chef consultant in the early days. I have lots and lots of their products and as a result I strongly support their advances into cookware and electronics. That said, I am one really happy camper!
Quick Cooker - Shop | Pampered Chef US SiteIf you are in the market, consider this one. Unlike my prior cookers, this one is a Ferrari. No steam leak during cooking, high quality stainless steel inner pot, easy to use control panel that is easy to navigate and adjust. It is also a slow cooker and a wonderful steamer. I did purchase the "extras" to use it for a baker and a ceramic bowl that is very versatile.
  • pot roast, perfect
  • mashed potatoes, perfect
  • smothered pork chops
  • steamed vegetables
  • a chicken soup that is the Best I have ever made.
More to come on that, but I am in kitchen heaven.
So, soon I have something thread related to share. I did a machine embroidery towel, so cute, so many thread changes. Caveat.... I did it upside down! Yes, hours and hours of thread changes etc. Up Side Down! But I have an idea. I will need to work on that asap because the studio has to be disassembled a bit and large items covered for some construction. It's always something, right? 
Tea Time!

 

Comments