A Day to Ponder

Image may contain: flower and plant, text that says 'Have a beautiful Tuesday!'
How do you plan to spend this beautiful day? A little picnic is in my radar. I made a nice little loaf of bread last night, the egg salad is made and some cookies too! The markets are full of fresh everything so some nice little dark plums, a small bunch of grapes and a cheese board are also on deck. My mint plants remain hardy in spite of the long stretch of 90+ degree days so a few springs will come with us for our tea.


Finally my oval embroidery hoop is on the way!
 Oval Wooden Embroidery Hoop - 9" x 5"Some time ago I ordered a 9 x 5 oval hoop because I am not getting the tension I need in the floor stand scroll frames. With the Covid, the makers and the shippers have been hobbled and supplies were scarce. Who would ever think there would be a run on quality embroidery hoops, and if you want an oval...well, forget about it!

So I am off to gather my supplies for our little picnic, up in the mountains. I have a beautiful vintage picnic basket given to me by MIL about 30 years ago. Mostly, I store yarn in it. I will put that aside and return it to it's original purpose.
Vintage 1950's Red Man Weaved Picnic Basket : My Grandmother Had ...

Have the best day you can, there is still so much good in our lives. And remember, there is always a cup of tea to bolster the spirit no matter what the day brings.



Comments