The Pleasures of Home and This and That

My vintage cabinet just cleaned for the season.
Tea time, afternoon tea, tea break..... an essential part of my day. Nothing fancy, today it was a quick cuppa in the studio while I did some un-sewing. Upside down I made a block, upside down! I needed a break! After about one and a half to two hours, I must take a break. About 3 pm every day I have a bit of a meltdown.  

Egg, Egg Salad, Salad, Peppers, Food, Meal, Fresh, Dish

A happy little egg, cucumber, and pimento open face sandwich with a bit of sprout. 

I recently read a comment by a tea enthusiast that made me think. She is young and in the early state of collecting tea ephemera, she just received a new tea pot for her birthday. But, alas, she says, it drips. Quite a bit actually. What to do? What to do? Get out your little knitting needles ladies, look at these little rings on the spout. Yea! Don't you just love such simple inventions? This photo came from somewhere on Pinterest I think.
Perfect drip catcher for a teapot or wine bottle

I suppose all this stay-at-home time has given us all something to embrace.  Since this is the season where I tend to empty my display cabinets, china is on my mind.

A 10 minute video by Jennifer Scott, an everyday life. As a wife and mother to 4 charming children, she lives a very simple life. With her YouTube channel she shares so much. In this time of isolation and quarantine, she continues to live that curated life. Thought you might enjoy.



Comments

marly said…
A spout bib! What a cute idea.
ELMO said…
I loved her flowers, but this is how wicked I am, I thought the onions for the bolognese should have been chopped smaller. I don't understand me sometimes. haha