 |
| This photo was taken one year ago. My sweet yellow rose that is 48 years old and has weathered and survived so much. I have two vintage roses to move this Spring. One is about 100 years old, the other about 60 years. They are in a little side garden at MIL's house and the new owner doesn't want them. I am concerned about moving them but at the same time hopeful. |
Good Morning Dear Stitching friends! In my little corner of the world, Spring is trying to shine but, alas, it is a struggle. I am looking forward to the day when I can enjoy my porch without a Winter coat! Since I am always cold, it will likely not be for a while.
With the large trees gone, I am pleased with the additional light that we now have but there is something missing for sure. My patio is in dire need of a re-do but I will likely not do that this season. I plan to power-wash, clean it up, and plant in containers. I ordered a new picnic table item that is actually two parts that can be used as benches or joined to form a table. They are called Convert-a-bench. You flip that back part up and it is half a table, put two together and bingo, a tale has been formed. Now let me be clear, I am the only one who uses this space. Husband likes the bug-less and cool comfort of the house, what is left of the family are not keen on outside dining, again with the bugs and heat. Me, oh, put me out there with the sun, the breeze, the birds and critters and I am in woodsy heaven.
 |
| If truth be told, I would not have chosen such a utility piece for this space but it is the practical choice. That is the one really negative aspect of aging, practicality. I want to do what I want to do not what reason defines. |
 |
| Now, this is me, a mossy wall with some bench seating, a little French table and chair bistro set with a crisp white table cloth, and some mismatched blue and crystal dinnerware. Who doesn't need an antique silver candelabra in the middle of the table? |
|
I started the cleaning of the studio project yesterday. I will share some photos soon. Day one is to organize fabric. I am not quite done with that one!
- Patience is a virtue I continue to struggle with, I want warm weather. I want Spring flowers, I want sunshine.
- I am so, so grateful for my UPS delivery man, Chris. He has been coming here since he graduated high school. He now has a lovely family. Since the husband had his heart surgery, this dear young man carries our packages into the house to save my husband the strain. What a gem he is! I order 50 lb bags of dog food, furniture, all kinds of things and he is always helpful.
- In the last two days, I have heard tragic stories of a family member and a friend's brother who are battling serious health issues that are not pandemic related. Life goes on. Life stressors continue. Be well, be safe, be strong.
- What a Wonderful World, Mr. Louis Armstrong
- Gerri Robinson's Unique Technique for 6 Blocks-Riley Blake Designs
Comments