Easter Monday, Inspiration


Easter Monday, a White Rose.
Always seeking inspiration, the quilter can mine the "stash" or experiment with what is at hand. At this time, when shopping for quilting fabric we are a bit limited. I always support our local quilt shops. I have purchased special, impossible to find items online but my community is important to me as are those who depend on our business to stay alive!

Many retailers, locally, now have an online representation. Please support them when possible.

I have spent about a year gathering vintage ladies handkerchiefs for a quilt top. I think I am ready to start. Of course, you already know I have a bad (I think) habit of working 2 or 3 projects at one time. Hello Darling, Mama's Cottage and now Vintage hankies are keeping me nicely distracted. Lola too, she just cannot stay out of the bags, baskets and bins. So, my studio time is limited to when the husband can distract her. Ha!
Image may contain: tree, plant, house and outdoor
If Son asks me what I want for Mother's Day, I am collecting ideas!

No photo description available.
My inspiration, this was a Facebook post by Quilters Digest. The handkerchiefs are appliqued onto a background piece, then rows assembled and quilted. The striped binding is just right IMO. The original article. HERE
  • For my friend who sent me Hope, thank you more than you know.
  •  Let us try to live our lives with as much normalcy as possible by exercising our creative muscles. 
  • Take care, be well, check on those you love.

Comments