A Cup of Tea, Scrap Fabrics, House Blocks, Quarantine

Over the weekend I saw a couple posts that some of our stitching sisters are sharing. This darn isolation-thing has really inspired some of our friends. One example, repeated by Kelly Cline, is this cute idea. For each day of the quarantine, several ladies have made a house block to honor their time. Cute idea? Right? Now, Kelly is just starting hers on day 28 so she admits she has some catching up to do. Each of the stitchers plan to make one block a day, meaning the quilt might be crib size or king size. What a hoot!

No photo description available.
Kelly Cline, Facebook, 4/13/2020
No photo description available.
Her measurements.

So, how are you doing? I have very productive days and then some not so.
  • I self quarantined the day after MIL's funeral. This makes #37 for me. With my health issues, I felt it was the wisest choice
  • After a major clean of a couple rooms last week, I decided the others can wait. I am just not in the mood until I see sunshine.
  •  I sew a bit, I cook a bit, I bake a bit. My typical schedule is a hit and miss. It doesn't seem a necessity right now, no visitors to give a white glove test. Ha!
  • I just ate the last Christmas cookie. A sign of the time. Frozen Christmas cookies in April! What's up with that?. 
  • My dog looks like a sheep. Really. She has not had a "do" for about 7 weeks now. Those tight curls are starting to matt. I am concerned.
  • My friends and family are fine as far as I know but my heart breaks, literally, when I think of those who are suffering and those grieving.  
  • I am spending more time on the phone. 
 


Comments