Using Large Scale Prints in your Quiltss

Simple Elegance Quilt Pattern
Isn't this lovely? The harmonious colors and bold prints provide a modern take on florals.
(Instructions HERE) I think this is essentially 6 rectangular blocks in a square, I think :)
 When I am scanning the bolts of fabric in a quilt shop most of what I see are small and medium-sized prints in florals,  geometrics and novelty designs. The wow, there is a large scale print, beautiful, colorful, multi-colored and almost garish by comparison.
Think Kaffe Fasset! I saw this beautiful, dreamy kimono wrap robe in a local shop among the bolts of Kaffe fabrics. My word, I had all kinds of visions running around in my head! I will return to choose a fabric like this if not this one. I had to check my pattern requirements. I keep my regular pattern photos, line drawings and fabric requirements on my phone but not one like this! What glorious colors. I do have a small collection of Kaffe designed fabrics but they are all 1/4 and 1/2 yard pieces. this is stunning to me. Great use of a large scale quilt print!
  • Beautiful, saturated colors are starting to interest me more and more.
  • I need to add some information to my phone-based pattern library!
  • The hard part will be which one to choose? 





















Comments