Let There Be Light!

One of the most difficult aspects of sewing for me recently has been poor lighting. While I have often added accessory lights for almost all my machines, the Coronet long-arm quilting machine was really a bugger. Since I sew in a room with no natural light it was a compound problem. The add on lights created shadows. The beam was direct, almost too direct and everything around it was shadowed. The little light you see in the left corner in this photo has been helpful but it was not good enough!

This little US-based company sells interesting little sewing notions. Now, the country of origin for these lights is unknown but, that said, I bought two sets. Around $15.00 each I think, I discarded the receipt. 
It took about 8 or 9 days to arrive I think. Well worth the wait, to me.

The cord is long but I kept it bundled. I plugged the connection into the open USB port on the head of the machine.
So I installed one set on the Coronet.
     I tracked the cord along the top of the machine and held it in place with the included clips with sticky backs. Because the cord was so long running along the machine seemed to be the answer.

I had a little bump in the cord, I peeled it back gently, replaced it and all is well.
  • I like it. There is no dimming feature, it is on or off. 
  • I have the ruler table on the machine most of the time, that is what you see on the bottom of the photo. Well, see though. 
  • I have the other set for the Baby Lock Rachel. Have to put it on, I'll let you know.

Sew an Infinity scarf, Nancy Zieman. This one is faux-fur but the tutorial applies to any fabric!
Mimi G Style









I'm glad I'm a revelation and not a disappintment. Lady Grantham

Comments