The Litttles and the Left-Overs A Consideration on this Lovely Thursday































During some early morning sleepless hours, I was scanning social media. On the quilting sites, the themes were these: "my gifts of quilts to friends and family were not appreciated," "I have so many leftover blocks and have no idea what to do with them," "I never have enough time to sew!" I can relate. Then I saw this little stuffed animal. So many ladies mentioned how hurt they were when their quilts were not appreciated after all their hard work. There were many wise comments from readers about how to deal with that disappointment. It seems to be a theme. I have encountered the same and no longer gift quilts to people I know. They go to charities, to those I know will appreciate them and those to whom the need is obvious. That said, once the "gift" leaves your hands, it is gone, let it go.

Are you wondering what to do with those pieces or blocks that didn't make it into your quilt? Here's a little idea. It doesn't have to be this elephant, although he is about as cute as can be. A little Bird, a Giraffe, or just a little round ball is a great idea for the infant/toddler age. Too big to put in the mouth but not too big to hold onto!


I never throw away the pieces or the test blocks. If you choose not to use them donate them to a flea market or rummage sale. Quilters haunt these places looking for items just like that. 

May the week be filled with kindness, sharing, and quilting!
My little Feather Tree.
























Comments