A Quilter at Christmas

No photo description available.


 I have to admit that this year, there is NO Christmas rush for this quilter. My choice. I have three projects in the queue but I feel no pressure to work on them let alone finish them. As I sit here sipping my favorite tea I have decided with everything that has happened in the last couple of months I will take a break. What isn't done, isn't done and I can live with that.

Remember this cute fabric?
Laying out the blocks.

 We are decorating! Just a bit.

Online photos of quilts used for decorations are everywhere right now. This ladder is my dream.  I will be on the hunt in the following year to find something like this. I have a similar item in the barn but years of critter detriment make it unsuitable. Next year, I will do this. (do not quote me!)


Decorate with Quilts for the Holidays and BeyondDecorate with Quilts for the Holidays and BeyondThis charming wire basket is also a great idea. I have done something similar to this but they end up not so neat! Of course, we must remember that we live in this house, there are no photoshoots or museum tours!

  • Yesterday I met with our Tuesday quilt group for brunch. It was so nice to see so many again. My heart breaks for those unable to come due to health reasons and those who now are living far away. Time marches on, doesn't it? I need to work on accepting that. Time is marching on for my quilting projects too. I need to get to work. 
  •  Much colder today, I was getting used to the warm December!
  • Tea Time today will be in the studio, I have a little clean up there. I wrap gifts and pack boxes there because I have large flat surfaces. All boxes are in transit. It is a good feeling. Merry Christmas!

Comments