Saturday, Quilts in Garden and Nature

If you look closely you can see two of the yearlings against the trees. The Moms are out of screen. They blend in well with nature, their spots are gone now. When they finished here, by the way, they totally destroyed a beautiful hydrangea bush. I am torn, they are so destructive yet so beautiful. 
Here in Western Pa. the leaves are falling, this is just a sprinkle. By the time November ends these would be knee-deep if we didn't clean them up weekly. This is no longer done by leaf rake, we use tractors and leaf vacumn. It is a lot of work but if not removed from the lawn we get mold, mold kills the grass and a replant is required in Spring. Ask just how I know this!

To translate nature in fabric is a skill beyond my range but just see how this lady does it.

This Garden and Nature Saturday is special. I have always admired those who can create stylized nature scenes with fabric. I have seen some beauties at quilt shows and in print but I recently found the outstanding work of Ann Loveless of Frankfort, Michigan.

 Autumn Vertical
All I can say is WOW! To have a fraction of this talent would be amazing. She has a web site where her work is displayed, some for sale. She has won many awards. Please take a moment and visit HERE!

  • As our seasons change we see nature in different colors. What a gift!
  • Have you ever tried something like this?
  • Fabric collage is new to me. I just finished Laura Heine's Old Blue Truck, I think the principals are similar. I am now inspired to do more of this kind of work. 
  • I would love to show more of her work here but I don't want to infringe on a copyright. Please visit her site to see more. Have a beautiful Fall Saturday. 
  • Happy Birthday, Patty!

Comments