Garden and Nature Saturday, Maitake, Grifola frondosa Aka Hen of the Woods

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature
I like to search my woods for different growths, particularly on old trees. We have a few fallen trees that often produce some beauties at this time of year. Lola and I walk, well to be honest Lola drags me around like an arthritic rag doll, into some thickets where it is a bit dark and damp looking for something like this.  This is a "borrowed from Facebook" photo because today's trek was without find. The only thing we did was scare the deer.

The nature study often yields color combinations to envy.
I have been searching for a photo of a glorious quilt that I saw, online, using these colors. No luck, if I do find it I will add it to this post.

In any case, nature is signaling us today in WPA! Windy, rain, leaves falling in droves, yes it is here. I saw this little statement the other day, thought it might bring a smile.

If you have been following my blog this past year, you've probably seen pieces of a very "October" looking quilt in progress.   The quilt i...Image may contain: text



Comments