Needle Crafts On Thursday

Many quilters are expert in other needlecrafts. Such is my Quilty Friend Terri. This beautiful sweater is one example. Made from a stunning kettle dyed yarn, the subtle changes of hue and depth of color are hallmarks of this type of dying. A Google search yielded several YouTubevideo's on how it is done. 
I am fortunate because Terri had some of this yarn left over and is making me a sweet little scarf that I had attempted but failed miserably. See how good it is to have a friend that knits!
See the beautiful color variance?
Terri brought this yarn swift to demonstrate to those of us who are entirely clueless about such things! A discussion the week before within the group enlightened us about how unique each tool is to each craft.
The swift sits flat on the table, the hank of yarn is then positioned over the pegs and the end threaded through the guide-eye.
Note the little non-slip mat under the legs of the swift to keep it stable while winding.
  • A couple years ago I picked up a little electric winder, See that post HERE.  
  • It is not artistic but it did wind the yarn! What I find interesting about myself is this. I never made anything in purple, ever. Not a clothing item, not a quilt, and certainly not anything with yarn. Now, in my retirement years, purple is a go-to color cor me. How did that happen? Terri had several colors of yarn for me to choose, and here we are again, a purple which sort of reads like Lavender Blue to me!
  •  

 Lavender Blue HERE
  

Comments