It's the Little Things, Your House and Home Wednesday

Your home is where your heart is. How many times have you heard that phrase? No matter how humble or how grand, the home is where we rest, where we dream, where we explore our creative aspirations. 



This is the second Irish Linen table scarf, the pattern here is Hydrangea. Right now it graces the cart in the dining room that is set most often for beverages at larger family dinners. Little lights, I have a passion for them. It started several decades ago when my work commute was more than an hour each way. I was enchanted by all the homes with their welcoming lights along the way.
I live in a heavily wooded area. Light from natural sources is limited and our rooms become dreary in the corners of fading light. My solution is little lights here and there, we call them happy lights.
The same two-toned linen, enough for a side drop on the cart.
Little lights and linens, these are just some of the little things that make my house a home.



Charming French Milled soaps on a silver tray are a welcoming sight for friends and family in the guest bath.
A warm, sunny Fall day. My back porch, a rocking chair, and a quilt are little things but special to me. As I lean against the Vintage pillow, embroidered by Mr.'s Grandmother, I recall the days past and the joy such a simple repast has provided while I shell peas or strip stems of Rosemary for drying and the days ahead that hold unknown little things. 

Comments