Quilts are the definition of comfort, aren't they? For a cool Autumn evening, before the fire on Christmas Eve, a wheel chair bound Veteran wrapped in Red, White and Blue Log Cabin quilt from a quilt guild service project, all are manifestations of talent and caring.
When I see an old quilt with missing stitches, a few replacement
patches and evidence of wear and tear, I think of all the comfort it has
offered to those who have enjoyed its warmth and I hope that mine will
not stay in a perfect, pristine condition." The Gentle Art of Domesticity, Jane Brocket
A Quilt with a destination, the "Thrown" quilt by Karen, Ladies of the Cloth.
I shared this lovely quilt a while ago while it was in-progress. The concept is genius. One arranges the quilt blocks as if they were just thrown into place.
The almost random placement of the blocks does indeed make it look thrown. Of course we all know that these types of patterns are a challenge and not made by happenstance. This quilt was specifically made for Karen's musical Granddaughter. Note the musical theme fabric in the border.
| One of my first Log Cabin quilts. |
A Quilt with a destination, the "Thrown" quilt by Karen, Ladies of the Cloth.
I shared this lovely quilt a while ago while it was in-progress. The concept is genius. One arranges the quilt blocks as if they were just thrown into place.
| Even the backing fabric is a signature Karen style. Geometric, great linear design to the blocks. Perfect. |
![]() |
| Musical comfort. |
- Quilted by Long Arm Pro this is a special gift and I know it will be cherished. Lucky Girl~!
- Many of us dabble in several "styles" of quilts. I so admire a quilter who follows patterns so nicely. Not my strong point I'm afraid. I have a tendency to mix things up a bit.
- A quit as a gift is more than a gift it is a hug any time you need it.


Comments