Tea Time, Quilt Shop Hopping

Image may contain: shoes
Source, Instagram HERE

I have historically enjoyed the Quilt Shop Hops but haven't participated in several years. In sort of a last minute decision I joined this one. This year a dear friend needed a partner. New to quilting, she had no idea what we were getting into. Ha! Girl, we did have fun. This "Hop" was one of the smaller ones I have done with only 7 shops but it was great fun to discover two new shops, one of those relocated but with a different personality in the new space. I will talk about those later as soon as I edit some photo's.

Supporting your LQS is even more important now IMO. I couldn't help but remark to myself how many of the smaller shops in our tri-state area have closed. With competition from the online shops it is increasing difficult to stay afloat. Of those remaining I noticed several factors that I feel are important to any shop. Small or large the personality of the employees is KEY! When you enter the door you can often feel the atmosphere and how welcoming it is or is not.

This "Hop" was themed for Patriotic quilts.
  

No photo description available.

Using this panel each shop made a quilt to represent American Pride. The finished quilts are to be donated to Veterans organizations. Each quilt was fashioned differently.

No photo description available.




The hop continues today and tomorrow. If you are in the area please go check out what is offered. Patterns, kits, treats and goodie bags as well as wonderful gifts are being offered by participating shops. I will share in the next two posts. Small business is alive and well in this country but will remain so only with your help. Start HOPPING!

Comments