Experimenting With the Janome Cover Stitch Machine

Just a little aside. I was gifted a small piece of happy fabric just right for a table cover on my back porch. All it needed was a little turned hem and I was practicing on the new Janome Coverstitch Machine. 
I bought the machine to use primarily on knit fabrics but thought I would test a bit on this piece just to check the balance of the stitch. I am very pleased. The three needles work perfectly with the looper. I have tested another brand where the looper threads were irregular despite several adjustments by the demonstrator. This is the underside. In practice I would either trim the excess fabric or assure that the stitches are incorporated within the stitch.
This is the top side, stitches are nice and regular. 





  •  While a stand-alone coverstitch machine is not essential to the sewist, it is convenient. Rather than spend time switching my serger functions back and forth I just pop over to the other machine.
  • I have much experimenting to do with this machine. I am considering doing my apron finishes on this one. I will need to measure carefully to make sure the fabric edge is fully enclosed. 
  •  I'll get back to you on that one. In the meantime I have some knit pants to hem!
*The green frog is a Vintage McCoy, it is classic and spends every Summer on this porch.



Comments