She Finally Used The Straight Line Rulers....

This is the quilt top I finished for friend Kay.
Quilts for children are fun. I think I like the quilting process more than the piecing part. I decided to use those big rulers with straight edges that have been lurking around, taunting me for some time. I have been a free-motion girl and this was a bit of a trial and error thing.
Fun little prints and a simple pattern were a good fit. Now, I have to tell you that I had to slow down doing this. I am used to flying along with my free style. Doesn't work with the rulers, just so you know.
See what I mean, off the rails honey, off the rails!
 Hiccup, a little better but dearie, we need to work on this! The worst slips were removed and restitched but not these two.
Yes, you have seen this binding before, I made about 100 yards of it one sleepless night.
After the quilting is completed I run the edges through the serger to trim and flatten them.
With this one I decided to use some of the decorative stitches on the Destiny II. I used this buttonhole stitched, enlarged and reversed and the wave stitch stretched out a bit. My borders on this one are very secure!
I decided to hand stitch the binding this time. Nice slow stitching on a rainy evening. This is one of the magnetic part dishes from Harbor Freight. Love these things. The thread is Isocord, my favorite quilting thread.
A sweet little Service Quilt for some child, courtesy of Kay from The Ladies of the Cloth Group!
  • Front pieced by Kay.
  • Fabric all from a kind person clearing the stash!
  • Quilting, by me. 
  • Nurse Bunny, Vintage Boyd's Bears, given to me by a dear patient a long time ago.  
1968 Freddie Scott-You've Got What I Need!!!  You will hear this as background music commercials for a new Amazon series.
 

Comments